Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

July 27-August 2

 I got a kick out of watching Emmett's attempts at diving--not the best of forms but he kept at it!
~
 Just when I thought I had August pegged as being Emmett's mini-me he starts to change on me. He (surprise!) looks a lot like himself. ;o)
~
 Owen still insists upon holding and snuggling his little brother.  Here they are watching Mary Poppins together.
~
 I finally got my first zucchini out of the garden and promptly made 3 dozen zucchini muffins and this yummy casserole, which quite frankly is mostly cheese with a onions and a hint of zucchini, but a treat none-the-less.
~
 And the sunflowers get ready to open! Everything is about a month behind because I didn't get things in until mid-June, but growing well in spite of my neglect.
~
I didn't manage a picture on August 1st, but I did have this view from my garden to show you. This is looking out over the bluffs.  We can see the Columbus water tower, a good 10 miles away.  It is fun to watch the storms move through.  We hardly had storms, or even clouds in Arapahoe.  We have enjoyed the big puffy clouds and lovely rains in this new spot.
~
And on this morning we sent our Jackson-boy off to his first summer camp experience.  He loved it, but the funniest comment my very scheduled boy made, "They made me stay up until 11:00!  Two nights!! And one night they made me stay up 'til midnight!!!" He was shocked (and tired). ;o) He is definitely an early bird like his mama.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Emmett's dive and Owen's hug look like they could be painful. ;)